Time & Location
Nov 04, 2023, 1:30 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Maplewood Hall, 92 Maplewood Ave, Oxford Mills, ON K0G 1S0, Canada
About the Event
This event is sold-out. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to be added to the wait list.
Hosted by Sustainable North Grenville, this introductory workshop is part of a series of gatherings to strengthen our capacity to live courageous, compassionate, just and creative lives in a world of rapidly accelerating climatic and ecological risk. Our attempts to stand up for Earth & live in ways that allow all beings to thrive are strengthened when we work together.
Each gathering is designed to support you in shifting from:
· Isolation to connection
· Overwhelm to presence
· Exhaustion to regeneration
· Apathy to inspiration and action
· A sense of paralysis, disorientation and overwhelm to connection with your inner wisdom and knowing
WHAT CAN YOU EXPECT?
· connection with fellow humans who share similar cares, dreams and concerns for earth
· resources to help you sustain yourself through the promise and peril of these times
· earth-based and embodiment practices
· tools to feel, honour, and shift our pain for the world (including ecological grief)
· experiences of positively directing the imagination towards ecological wellness
· a process that builds resiliency and nourishes our capacity to act for collective thriving
· self-reflection questions, small and large group activities/discussions
· a respectful, curious, and nurturing space for community
· workshops facilitated in English unless otherwise noted
The Work that Reconnects:
Developed by Joanna Macy and updated over the past five decades with collaborators around the world, this group work is known as the Work that Reconnects. The process combines teachings and practices that help people transform grief or paralysis in the face of ecological and social challenges into energy for constructive, collaborative action.
Robin Macdonald is a spiritually-rooted facilitator, moving at the intersections of social justice, earth care, spirituality and mental health. Part of the Scottish-Irish diaspora living on Turtle Island, Robin is a restorative justice practitioner, communal grief and Work that Reconnects facilitator, Yasodhara Yoga teacher and writer. Core to her work is the role of community in healing and thriving.
For more information, email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
There are a few pay-what-you-can tickets for this event. Please contact email@example.com
If the workshop fills, you have the option to join a wait list by contacting the email address above.
Cancellation and Refund Policy
If a participant cancels their registration 5 or more days before the workshop, a full refund will be given, minus a $10 processing fee.
If a participant cancels 2-4 days before the workshop (until November 2nd at noon), a credit note will be provided, to apply to a future workshop, good for one year, minus a $10 processing fee.
If a participant cancels within 48 hours before the workshop or does not show up (without cancelling), or leaves the workshop early, there is no refund.
Should the course be cancelled, a full refund will be provided and a new date will be scheduled.
Early Bird Ticket
Tickets purchased by October 27th at 5 pm$50.00Sold Out
Later Bird Ticket
Tickets purchased after October 27th at 5 pm$55.00Sold Out
This event is sold out